Four years ago Michal and Maciek won 6-th position. This year they have entered the Arctic Cicle rally for the 8-th time in their careers. 50-th anniversary Lappish event welcomed a score of world class drivers wanting to test their skills on snow and ice. This year Heikki Kovalainen (Ford Fiesta R5) - a Formula 1 winner of Grand Prix Hungary 2008 was among 150 competitors. However, it was Juha Salo (Mitsubishi Lancer Evo 9) who has won his home rally for 5-th time.
- Challenging roads and extremelly winter condition. Sometimes the temperature was dropping down to minus 25 degrees. We debuted on Ford Fiesta R5 from C-Rally Academy. This is a car with great potential not so different from WRC as farf as the performance is concerned. On day one we suffered a bad luck - on SS3 the turbocharger tube came off and we lost the boost. The snow dust and foggy weather were a kind obstacle too. Most of the stages we run only one time, so those who had known the roads got the substantial advantage. However, due to these factors the rally was even more an exciting challenge. We enjoyed it very much. We are satisfied with the result - it was a good testing before the Sweden Rally. I would like to thank the C-Rally crew for excellent job in those tough conditions - Michal Solowow said.
On February 12-15 2015 Synthos Cersanit Rally team will enter the winter Sweden Rally - the second round of WRC 2015.
50. ARCTIC LAPLAND RALLY - final results
1. Juha Salo/Marko Salminen (FIN) Mitsubishi Lancer Evo IX 2:28.46,2
2. Joni Nikko/Henri Arpiainen (FIN) Mitsubishi Lancer Evo IX +2.43,0 (1. SM2)
3. Jussi Vainionpää/Mika Juntunen (FIN) Mitsubishi Lancer Evo IX +2.58,9
4. Teemu Asunmaa/Jonne Halttunen (FIN) Subaru Impreza WRX STI R4 +3.13,4 (2. SM2)
5. Kristian Kiviniemi/Matti Kangas (FIN) Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X +3.18,5 (3. SM2)
6. Heikki Kovalainen/Jani Pirttinen (FIN) Ford Fiesta R5 +3.53,0
7. Kimmo Kurkela/Markku Tuohino (FIN) Ford Fiesta S2000 +4.32,1
8. Michał Sołowow/Maciek Baran (PL) Ford Fiesta R5 +7.03,0
9. Markku Viitanen/Mika Alalahti (FIN) Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VIII +9.08,9
10. Jarkko Hosike/Mikko Kaikkonen (FIN) Mitsubishi Lancer Evo IX +10.08,3
43. Adam Kaszyński/Przemysław Bosek (PL) Subaru Impreza WRX STI +50.06,1 (10. SM2)